alt: washerwoman, laundress
Large fey, chaotic evil
- Armor Class 15 (natural armor)
- Hit Points 190 (20d10 + 80)
- Speed 40 ft., climb 30ft., swim 40ft.
- Saving Throws Int +9, Wis +10, Cha +7
- Skills Athletics +11, Perception +12
- Damage Resistances Necrotic, Poison
- Senses Passive Perception 22, Truesight 60ft.
- Challenge 23 (50,000 XP)
- Echo of Unlife. Any creature starting its turn within 60 feet of the Bean-nighe has their maximum hit points reduced by 10.
- Grave Haunting. Any creature who suffers damage due to Bean-nighe’s Deathly Wail must make a DC 20 Wisdom saving throw the next time they sleep. On a failed save, the creature gains no benefit from the long rest. The use of Remove Curse or Greater Restoration can end this effect.
- Legendary Resistances (3/day). If the Bean-nighe fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed it instead.
- Multiattack. The Bean-nighe can use it’s Deathly Wail then make three attacks, one with its gaze, and two with its claws.
- Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 29 (6d6 + 5) slashing damage.
- Gaze. Ranged Weapon Attack: +12 to hit, range 30 ft., one target. Hit: 32 (6d8 + 5) necrotic damage. If this damage reduces a creature to 0 hit points, they are instantly killed.
- Deathly Wail. The Bean-nighe emits a horrifying wail that echoes 120 feet in every direction. Any creature in this area must make a DC 18 Wisdom saving throw or suffer 33 (6d8) necrotic damage, half as much on a successful saving throw. A creature that fails this saving throw by 10 or more has their hit points reduced to 0.
The Bean-nighe can take 3 Legendary Actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action can be used at a time, and only at the end of another creature's turn. Spent legendary Actions are regained at the start of each turn.
- Claw. The Bean-nighe makes one Claw Attack.
- Devour Soul (Costs 2 Actions). The Bean-nighe touches the body of an unconscious creature and devours its soul, instantly killing the creature.
- Vanish. The Bean-nighe disappears into the Ethereal Plane until the start of its next turn or until it uses another Legendary Action.