Clíodhna, Queen of Banshees
alt: Clídna, Clionadh, Clíodna, Clíona, Cleena
habitat: Ocean, Coast, Islands
origin: Celtic, Irish
Medium undead, chaotic neutral
- Armor Class 17 (natural armor)
- Hit Points 150 (15d10 + 60)
- Speed 40 ft., climb 30ft., swim 40ft.
- Saving Throws Con +10, Wis +9, Cha +12
- Skills Deception +12, Persuasion +12, Stealth +10
- Damage Resistances Acid, Fire, Lightning, Thunder
- Senses Passive Perception 13, Darkvision 60ft.
- Challenge 23 (50,000 XP)
- Detect Life. Clíodhna can magically sense the presence of creatures up to 5 miles away that aren’t undead or constructs. She knows the general direction they’re in but not their exact locations.
- Incorporeal Movement. Clíodhna can move through other creatures and objects as if they were difficult terrain. She takes 5 (1d10) force damage if she ends her turn inside an object.
- Perfect Beauty. If an attack is made against Clíodhna by a creature that can see her, that creature must make a DC 16 Wisdom saving throw. On a failed saving throw, the attack is redirected to a creature of Clíodhna’s choosing. If no creature is in range, the attack is lost.
- Legendary Resistances (3/day). If Clíodhna fails a saving throw, she can choose to succeed it instead.
- Multiattack. Clíodhna can use it’s Wail and Horrifying Visage, then make two Corrupting Touch attacks.
- Corrupting Touch. Melee Spell Attack: +12 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 24 (6d6 + 6) necrotic damage.
- Horrifying Visage. Each non-undead creature within 60 feet of Clíodhna that can see her must succeed on a DC 17 Wisdom saving throw or be frightened for 1 minute. A frightened target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, with disadvantage if Clíodhna is within line of sight, ending the effect on itself on a success. If a target’s saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the target is immune to Clíodhna’s Horrifying Visage for the next 24 hours.
- Wail (1/Day). Clíodhna releases a mournful wail, provided that she isn’t in sunlight. This wail has no effect on constructs and undead. All other creatures within 30 feet of her that can hear her must make a DC 14 Constitution saving throw. On a failure, a creature drops to 0 hit points. On a success, a creature takes 26 (8d6) psychic damage.
Clíodhna can take 3 Legendary Actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action can be used at a time, and only at the end of another creature's turn. Spent legendary Actions are regained at the start of each turn.
- Touch. Clíodhna makes one Corrupting Touch attack.
- Enthrall (Costs 2 Actions). Clíodhna can cast a 6th level Dominate Person (DC 16) spell.
- Wail of Retribution (Costs 2 Actions). Clíodhna immediately regains the use of her Wail attack.