Medium aberration, chaotic evil
- Armor Class 16 (natural armor)
- Hit Points 198 (36d8+36)
- Speed 30 ft., climb 30ft.
- Skills Arcana +5, Deception +10, Persuasion +10
- Damage Vulnerabilities radiant
- Condition Immunities poisoned
- Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 12
- Languages common
- Challenge 9 (5,000 XP)
- Sunlight Sensitivity. While in sunlight, the Other has disadvantage on attack rolls, as well as on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.
- Consume. The Other inserts its tendrils into an incapacitated victim. The tendrils inject spores into the bloodstream. The fungal growth is rapid - destroying and consuming the flesh then growing a second Other in its place. In a few minutes the creature has been entirely replaced besides its skeleton and brain.
- Multiattack. The Other makes 3 attacks with its Lashing Tendrils.
- Lashing Tendrils. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 15 (2d10+4) slashing damage.
- Acidic Spores (Recharge 5-6). The Other exhales acid spores in a 15-foot cone. Each creature in that area must make a DC 16 Constitution saving throw, taking 55 (10d10) acid damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
- Shapechanger. The Other can use its action to polymorph into a creature is has consumed, or back into its true form. Its statistics, other than its size, are the same in each form. Any equipment it is wearing or carrying isn't transformed. It reverts to its true form if it dies.
- Defensive Spores. The Other creates a 30 ft. spore cloud centered on itself which lasts for 1 minute. Each creature in the area must make a DC 16 Constitution save or become Incapacitated for one round. A new check is made at the start of each round. The other can immediately take a disengage and move action. The Other becomes frightened of its attacker for 1 minute.