Mater Suspiriorum, Mother of Sighs
Medium fey, neutral evil
- Armor Class 16 (natural armor)
- Hit Points 136 (21d8 + 42)
- Speed 30 ft.
- Saving Throws Wis +9
- Damage Resistances cold, non-magical bludgeoning, piercing and slashing
- Condition Immunities charmed, frightened
- Senses passive Perception 14
- Languages Common, Dwarven, Elven, Sylvan
- Challenge 14 (11,500 XP)
- Aura of Anguish. Creatures within 10ft of Mater Suspiriorum must make a DC18 Charisma Saving Throw. Creatures that fail this save become filled with feelings of hopelessness and become frightened for as long as they are in the aura. Succeeding at the saving throw makes you immune to this effect for 24 hours.
- Spellcasting. Mater Suspiriorum is a 14th-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 18, +9 to hit with spell attacks). Mater Suspiriorum has the following spells known:
Cantrips (at will): guidance, poison spray, resistance, shillelagh, thorn whip
Level 1 (4 slots): cure wounds, entangle, fog cloud
Level 2 (3 slots): darkvision, locate object
Level 3 (3 slots): call lightning, feign death
Level 4 (3 slots): hallucinatory terrain, locate creature
Level 5 (2 slots): awaken, reincarnate
Level 6 (1 slot): conjure fey, wall of thorns Level 7 (1 slot): mirage arcane, reverse gravity
- Multiattack. Mater Suspiriorum can use her Hopeless Gaze, then she makes 2 attacks with her claws.
- Skeleton Key. Mater Suspiriorum can, as a bonus action, appear as any humanoid creature that would not be out of place in her immediate environment. This can include: servants in a noble manor, a masked guest at a high society party or an old woman in the street outside a temple. This effect lasts until it is deactivated, or Mater Suspiriorum uses an offensive ability, casts a spell or attacks.
- Hopeless Gaze (Recharge 6). Mater Suspiriorum fixes her gaze on a target within 60ft. overwhelming them with anxiety. The target must make a DC16 Wisdom Saving Throw or become frightened until the end of Mother Lachrymarum's next turn. If the creature is already firghtened, they are instead stunned.
- Mother's Caress. Mater Suspiriorum embraces her target, if they are frightened they must make a DC15 Charisma Saving Throw. On a failed save, they lose the frightened condition and are instead charmed for 1d4 hours or until they take damage.
- Claws. Weapon Attack. +9 to hit, 1d8 + 2 slashing damage.
- Wail of the Hopeless (Recharge 5-6). As an action, Mater Susporiorum unleashes the screams of the souls she has fed upon, dealing 4d10 + 4 thunder damage to all creatures within 30ft.